Macaroni Cheese, Serves 4 Adults (or 2 adults and 3 children)
Cooking Time: 25-30mins
Macaroni Pasta 500g
For the Sauce:
Soft Cheese (1 box)
Mature Cheese Cheddar, Grated 200g
Plain Flour 30g
1 Tomato, Sliced
- Boil water for pasta in pan, add 500g of pasta when it’s boiling
- Make a basic white sauce in a pan, melt the butter, add the flour and make a paste, lower the temp then add the milk slowly, bit at a time. This will thicken slowly. Then add the soft cheese and grated mature cheddar, save a pinch to sprinkle on top a the end. Turn it off when melted together and heated through.
- Check pasta is soft, I do this by taste.
- Drain the pasta and Add the cheese sauce, put both into a casserole like dish that can be put under the grill.
- Slice up a tomato and place slices on the top and sprinkle cheese on top
- Put dish under the grill, until the cheese bubbles.
- Serve Immediately, Enjoy!
Serving Suggestion, serve with Garlic Bread and a Salad.