Norfolk still has a lot to offer, even in the rain. Typically across Britain we seem to enjoy a good cup of tea and a slice of cake! and I’m pleased to announce that there are a lot of cafes where this is very much possible! I have gathered a few other quick ideas – all accessible to families.
- Sheringham Swimming Pool, Splash. This large pool is great for everyone, with its beach entry, occasional waves and flume. It also has a pool side cafe, and seating areas. They also have soft play. Click here for the website
2. Make a day trip to the city NORWICH with the brilliant Castle museum, the mall with shops galore and cinema, the Cathedral, and all the usual entertainment of city life.
3. Charming Holt, North Norfolk. Boutiques, cafes, pubs, antique shops and galleries. A glorious bolt hole on a rainy day.
4. Blakeney, or any of the coastal villages with a tea room and sea view. If you can bear a mini wind swept walk with some wellies, then head in to a cafe to steam up the windows and eat some cake. This is what memories are made of.
5. National Trust Houses, Blickling Estate and Felbrigg Hall are great venues for indoor activities out of the rain, for all the family. www.nationaltrust.org.uk
All of our properties are great places to rest, so a day in the holiday cottage might be just what you need. In all properties there are games, dvds, some have games rooms and hot tubs. So you can not get bored! Grab a book, light the fire or jump in the hot tub.